The NY 3Rs Association, Inc. and its I2NY Library as Publisher Work Group are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2014/2015 NY 3Rs Association Library as Publisher Innovator Grant.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MIDNIGHT, SEPTEMBER 30, 2014.
Libraries are changing their roles from transactional to transformational, and one of the areas in which this occurs is in publishing. Whether it is memoirs, family histories, children’s stories, scrapbooks, student journals, or faculty research papers – the web has made it easier for people to create and share content. To improve the quality of the content produced and thus improve its value to both the intended audience and our communities, creators need guidance. They turn to libraries for help with research, editing, proof reading, design and layout, publishing options, marketing, and much more.
The NY 3Rs Association, Inc., and its Information Infrastructure (I2NY) Library as Publisher Work Group, are seeking proposals from libraries and library systems for projects that will show the potential of “libraries as publishers”.
Applications must be submitted online, no later than midnight, September 30, 2014.
For complete information including Application Forms and Instructions, go to: NY 3Rs I2NY Library as Publisher Innovation Grant.
- July 28, 2014 - Application materials available
- September 30, 2014 - Applications due
- October 2014 – Review of applications by jury of experts from outside of NYS
- Late October, 2014 - Award notification
- November 6, 2014 – NYLA Annual Conference, Announcement of Award winner(s)
- October 2015 NYLA Conference – Award winners present on project(s)
Be the first to like.