WNYLRC's Master Disaster Contest!
Submit your disaster story to WNYLRC's Master Disaster Contest for a chance to win fabulous prizes! Did your institution face a natural (or man made) disaster? We want to hear about it! Send us your disaster story, no matter what the outcome! Maybe you had a disaster plan in place and were able to use the plan successfully when disaster struck. Or maybe you had a plan but it didn't work out so well, or you didn't have a plan at all and had to fly by the seat of your pants? Here are some scenarios that you might have encountered:
- Anticipatory Action – your institution anticipated a disaster and was able to avert a crisis
- Your Disaster, Your Solution – your institution came up with a unique solution for a disaster
- Stump the Stars – even the experts were stumped by how to fix your disaster situation
- I Wish I Had Known – if you had only know this before, you could have avoided so many problems
- Master Disaster – the disaster story to beat all the others
Send us your story (one story per WNYLRC member institution, per disaster) by April 29, 2011. The WNYLRC Preservation Committee will judge all entries and choose two prize winners, as well as the grand prize Master Disaster winning story. Winners and prizes will be announced on the WNYLRCwatch blog, the WNYLRC web site and the WNYLIB-L listserv. Prizes will be awarded in May or June 2011.
This contest is open to WNYLRC members only. Send all submissions (in electronic format) to Laura Osterhout, email@example.com.